Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Valporiso... and beyond








The horse track


One of the amazing horses at the races... this guy won.




An asensor track


The view from an asensor... one of the many ancient elevators that are still used all over the city.


Museo cielo abierto... aka open sky museam, feel free to do whatever artistic endeavor that you like in this large space.


I think banksy was here... this one is for you cori
















Horse and dog parked by the side of the highway


Bus art


A deteriorating buldigng...

Valporiso is one of the most incredible cities that I have ever been to.
It is incredibly beautiful and unique, it seems like San Fransisco, New Orleans and parts of Lima got smashed together to crate a wonderful steep portside town, and to top it off and make it even more amazing... the entire city is covered with some of the most amazing street art that I have ever seen, it's everywhere!!! (Cori-little sister if you ever come here you may never leave!)
My first 2 days were spent walking arround the town taking photos... lots and lots of photos. On the seccond day I met a lovely German gal. We went to the most incredible resturaunt where we enjoyed a great bottle of wine, Lobster rissoto and ginger crembrule, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. If anyone is planning on visitng; Uriola 383, Epicurian is highly reccomended!
On my 3rd day (yesterday) a large ggroup of people staying in the same hostel as me decided to go to Vina Del Mar, so I went with them. 3 Canadian fellows, 1 Polish gal, my new German friend and I all boarded the metro train toghether. We had planned to go to the Fonuk Museam but it was closed from earthquake damage. So we had a nice seafood lunch overlooking the sea and then we headed to the local sporting club where we spent the afternoon at THE HORSE RACES!!!! It was really fun, the track was really nice and everyone won $, except for me (i lost 6 dollars- oh well).
I spent all day today on a bus, and I am presently in La Serena.
Happy April Fools day... and Happy Birthday to my Mommy! It's turning into fall here so I hope everyone up north is enjoying spring.

2 comments:

  1. Waaaaa! Street art!!! I wanna go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos babe. 'Miss warpaintandwandering' should teach us how to create cool street art stencils and we could become the banksy of southie!
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete